Original Title: Baht Oyunu
English Title: Twist of Fate
Also Known As: Game of Luck
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Broadcast Network: Kanal D
Broadcast Period: 15 June 2021 –
Production Company: ARC Film
Director: Serdar Gozelekli
Screen Writer: Erkan Birgoren, Tuna Kiygi, Fatih Enes Omeroglu
Filming Locations: Istanbul, Turkey
Ada (Cemre Baysel) is a beautiful young girl who has grown up among women who believe that they would be unhappy if they cannot get married to their first love. Her grand-grandmother, her grand-mother and her mother had to live unhappily after they were left by their first-love. Due to this superstition, Ada wants to do anything in order to get married to her first love.
Ada goes to university in Istanbul apart from her family. She falls in love with an international student Ruzgar (Idris Nebi Taskan) at first sight. Ruzgar comes from Albania and studies in Turkey. When he is about to be deported from the country, he comes across Ada.
Ada makes sacrifices day by day in order to find happiness with her first love. She accepts to get married to Ruzgar on paper so that he would be able to stay in Turkey. While Ruzgar continues his education, Ada drops out of school and starts to work. She bears all the financial burden of this relationship. While making all these sacrifices, she keeps all these things secret from her family.
After 3 years of marriage, Ruzgar becomes eligible to become Turkish citizen. Eventually, he gets Turkish identity card. While Ada is dreaming to have a real marriage after all, she is abandoned by Ruzgar all of a sudden.
Meanwhile, Ada confronts Bora. Bora (Aytac Sasmaz) is a young and handsome guy who comes from a wealthy family. Even though he graduates from industrial engineering upon his father’s request, he decides not to work at his family business. He eventually becomes a successful editor-in-chief at his own company.
Bora comes to a restaurant where Ada works as a waitress. He acts as a macho and impolite man in order to gather information for his new article series. He tries to understand how women react to men’s irrational behaviors. However, his field research is misunderstood by Ada.
That day, Ada suffers from a series of misfortunes. She discusses with Bora at the restaurant due to his impolite attitude and loses her job. After then, she sees that her first-love Ruzgar is kissing another woman outside of his workplace. Upon discovering Ruzgar’s betrayal, Ada makes a car accident and is hospitalized.
As a result, Ada and Ruzgar break up. Since Ada believes that she would be unhappy if she loses her first-love, she decides not to give up so easily. She decides to start working at the company where Ruzgar works. She wants to reclaim Ruzgar on the path of happiness.
Ada eventually starts to work as Bora’s assistant. She does not reveal that she is still married to Ruzgar. She even says that she has an undergraduate degree even though she has dropped out of school. In her application, she writes that she has an undergraduate degree in Turkish literature from Istanbul University.
Ada starts a challenging and romantic journey and gets stuck into her love and her faith. While working as Bora’s assistant, she tries to do her best to win her first-love Ruzgar back.
Twist of Fate (Baht Oyunu) tv series story is about Ada who gets stuck into her love and her faith. Will Ada work successfully as Bora’s assistant? Will Ada and Bora get along well? Will Ada manage to win Ruzgar’s heart? Will Tugce manage to win Bora’s heart?
Twist of Fate (Baht Oyunu) Tv Series Cast
- Bora (Aytac Sasmaz): He is a successful editor-in-chief. He comes from a wealthy family, but he wants to be successful thanks to his own efforts rather than his family’s support. He does not get along well with his father. Even though he graduates from industrial engineering upon the request of his father, he decides to do whatever he wishes and starts his own company. He is charismatic, handsome, and hardworking.
- Ada (Cemre Baysel): She is a beautiful young girl. She is persistent and self-sacrificing. She has grown up among women who believe that they would be unhappy if they cannot get married to their first love. For this reason, Ada does her best to get married to her first-love. Ada believes that she would be unhappy if she cannot become together with her first-love Ruzgar. She becomes an assistant of Bora in order to work at the company where Ruzgar works. Ada and Bora are totally different from each other. Ada believes in pure love and seeks eternal happiness with her first love. Bora, on the other hand, does not believe in love.
- Tugce (Asli Sumen): She comes from a wealthy family and is a co-editor at the company. She has been in love with Bora for a long time and tries to do her best in order to win his heart. She has been trying to win Bora’s heart for 3 years. Tugce believes in fortune telling and get along well with her colleague Evren.
- Ruzgar (Idris Nebi Taskan): He comes from Albania and uses Ada in order to stay in Turkey. He gets married to Ada in order to receive Turkish identity card. He is selfish and insensitive.
- Yasemin (Tugba Com Makar): She is Ada’nin younger aunt. Since she could not get married to her first-love, she could not find happiness in her life. She attempts to get married three times, but all her efforts become unsuccessful.
- Evren (Ozan Daggez): He works at Bora’s company and is interested in tarot.
- Nergis (Hande Subasi): She is Ada’s elder aunt who is married to Aslan. In order not to become unhappy in her life, she decides to get married to a man who loves her so much.
Official Site: https://www.kanald.com.tr/baht-oyunu
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQClxhnY1kJaU11eOsDaGUQ