Original Title: Liar
English Title: Yalanci
Also Known As:
Genre: Mistery, Drama
Broadcast Network: Show TV
Broadcast Period: 17 September 2021 – 23 November 2021
Production Company: Surec Yapim
Director: Hulya Gezer
Screen Writer: Rahsan Cigdem Inan, Yekta Torun
Filming Locations: Istanbul, Turkey
Deniz (Burcin Terzioglu) is a beautiful young woman who works as a literature teacher. She has recently divorced from her husband Murat (Cemal Toktas) and tries her best to start a new life by herself.
Mehmet Emir, on the other hand, is a successful heart surgeon who is well respected and recognized in the society. He is a popular single dad who is rich, kind, and charismatic. After his wife committed suicide for an unknown reason, he has done his best to raise his son properly. He is a tenderhearted and disciplined father towards his son.
The lives of Deniz and Mehmet Emir intersect on various occasions. Deniz is the teacher at the school where Mehmet Emir’s son studies. At the same time, Mehmet Emir works at the hospital where Deniz’s sister works.
After Deniz officially gets divorced from her husband, she becomes a single young lady who is still unsure about getting back on the dating scene. When she comes across to Mehmet Emir at the school yard, she initially rejects Mehmet Emir’s dating proposal.
Deniz’s elder sister Yasemin (Hazal Turesan) tries to persuade her sister. She speaks well about Mehmet Emir whom she works together with at the same hospital. She thinks that Mehmet Emir would be a perfect match for Deniz.
With the support of her sister, Deniz accepts Mehmet Emir’s dating proposal. They have a dinner at a fancy restaurant and enjoy their accompany. After dinner, they walk together to Deniz’s house.
Deniz wants to end the night without going another step further because she still does not feel ready to have a serious relationship. However, she does not have nothing to do but to invite Mehmet Emir to her house after it starts to rain and they could not find a taxi in the neighborhood.
The next day, Deniz wakes up at her bed and feels that something has gone wrong. She does not remember what has happened exactly throughout the night. However, she knows for sure that she is raped.
However, Mehmet Emir has a totally different story about that night. He sends a thank you message to Deniz and speaks well about the night.
When Deniz reports that she has been raped by Mehmet Emir, not only their lives but also the lives of their friends and families turn upside down. Truth and lies go hand in hand and both sides try to persuade others that their story is true. Nobody is sure who is a liar.
Liar (Yalanci) tv series story is about allegation of a rape case where both plaintiff and defendant try to persuade others that he/she is innocent. Who is the liar? Will Deniz remember the missing parts of that night? What will happen to their families and friends after Deniz reports that she has been raped by Mehmet Emir? Will Yasemin and Murat reveal their relationship?
Liar (Yalanci) Tv Series Cast
- Deniz Sungur (Burcin Terzioglu): She is a beautiful young woman who works as a literature teacher. She is the ex-wife of Murat and a sister of Yasemin. She is strong, brave and stubborn. Her biggest difference from other people is her passion for justice. She does not refrain from losing the control of her life.
- Mehmet Emir Gursoy (Salih Bademci): He is a successful heart surgeon who works at the same hospital together with Yasemin. He is well respected and recognized in the society. He is a popular single dad who is rich, kind, and charismatic. After his wife committed suicide, he has done his best to raise his son Doruk properly. He is a tenderhearted and disciplined father towards his son. His son is a student at the school where Deniz works.
- Yasemin Aytekin (Hazal Turesan): She is the elder sister of Deniz. She is married to Okay and has two children. She is an anesthesiologist who works at the same hospital where Mehmet Emir works. She is a beautiful, hardworking and responsible woman who seems to have a perfect family. However, she has a secret love affair with Murat.
- Murat Ozdal (Cemal Toktas): He is the ex-husband of Deniz. He is also a childhood friend of Deniz and Yasemin. Even though he has recently got divorced with Deniz, he continues to support her. He is a police officer who is extraverted, helpful, friendly, and hot tempered. He has a secret love affair with Yasemin.
- Okay Aytekin (Sahin Irmak): He is married to Yasemin and has two children. He is a successful lawyer. Since he works remotely at work, he takes care of his children voluntarily.
- Canan Ocakci (Imer Ozgun): She works as a nurse at the same hospital where Mehmet Emir and Yasemin work. She is married to Arif. She is shy, kind, and fragile. She bears the burden of a secret of her past.
- Arif Ocakci (Serkan Tinmaz): He is the husband of Canan and an old friend of Ahmet. He works at the canoe renting company after he was expelled from the army due to his anger problem. He is honest and does his best to protect his loved ones.
- Erdal Numanoglu (Murat Kilic): He is a successful police officer who works together with his colleague Gorkem. He has a happy marriage and a son. He is assigned to investigate Deniz’s allegation of rape case.
- Gorkem Bilgen (Efsane Odag): She is a successful police officer who works together with her colleague Erdal. She is assigned to investigate Deniz’s allegation of rape case. She is married to Ahmet who is a soldier at Turkish army. She is pregnant to her first baby.
- Ahmet Bilgen (Emir Cubukcu): He is a soldier at Turkish army and married to police officer Gorkem.
Official Site: https://www.showtv.com.tr